|PCDS Members please contact Cindy@pcdentists.org for a link to the members only information until the updated page is available.|
|Members Only Section
This is the member's only section. This section contains information that is specific to the non-profit organization, current correspondence, and information that can be used as a reference for the members of PCDS.
February 2020 Newsletter - Click here to download and view
January 2020 Newsletter - Click here to download and view
November-December 2019 Newsletter - Click here to download and view
October 2019 Newsletter - Click here to download and view
September 2019 Newsletter - Click here to download and view
July/August 2019 Newsletter - Click here to download and view
June 2019 Newsletter - Click here to download and view
May 2019 Newsletter - Click here to download and view
April 2019 Newsletter - Click here to download and view
March 2019 Newsletter - Click here to download and view
February 2019 Newsletter - Click here to download and view
January 2019 Newsletter - Click here to download and view
The 2019 salary survey is available. To request a copy, please call the PCDS Central Office at (253) 274-9722 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember to give us your home address, as the survey must be mailed to there.
Understanding Cyber Risk in the Dental Office - Eligible for 3 CE Credits Online
A 5 part videos series has been posted to the Pierce County Dental Society YouTube page. Due to copyright you will need to login to the PCDS YouTube page to view the videos.
• Click the "Sign In" button on the top right
• Email Address: PierceCountyDentist@gmail.com
• Password: molar123
Once Logged in go to the right hand top of page and use the pull down tab to find video manager. Click on video manager and the Cyber Security Video will be present.
If you watch the entire video (5 parts) and answer the questions listed below, you will be eligible for three CE credits and the Nordic discount. PLEASE EMAIL YOUR ANSWERS TO THE QUESTIONS TO: email@example.com.
Understanding Cyber Risk in the Dental Office Questions
1. When we hear the term "cyber risk" we're tempted to think of computers being hacked into, and that frequently can be the case. But cyber risk also comes in other forms and it can be very difficult if not impossible to completely insulate yourself from it. True or False
2. Cyber risk is a rapidly growing concern and it's increasingly affecting dental practices. Would you know what to do if you discovered your patient's personal information was compromised? Do you understand what HIPAA and state requirements mandate if your patient's data is breached? We'll look at the penalties and costs associated with a breach once it has occurred and how it can impact your practice.
3. Unlike dental risk management where you can be intentional about good patient communication and documentation, truly protecting yourself against cyber risk is challenging. We'll discuss the exposures and what you need to be aware of; because cyber risk isn't just a matter of "if". True or False
Click here for a recap of the March 18th PCDS GMM Ethics/Issues In Dentistry – Rod Wentworth, DDS
As a PCDS member you are entitled to the following benefits. To find out more information about them, click on the companies listed below.
Burkhart Discount (Must not be an existing Burkhart merchandise client)
Burkhart Gift Certificate
Columbia Bank Discount
Henry Schein Discount
Copy for Less Discount
State & National Resources
The Washington State Alcohol and Drug Clearinghouse has printed a Methamphetamine brochure that is available for your office at no charge. Brochures may be ordered by calling WSADC at (800) 662-9111 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The National Institute of Dental and Cranial Research offer several free oral health information brochures. To order your brochures call NIDCR at (866) 232-4528. For online information visit their website.
Member Quick References
Other Important Resources
To sign up as a Practitioner for the Prescription Monitoring Program, click here.
For a FREE No-Smoking Clinic for your dental office, call TPCHD at (253) 798-6400.
Did you know? Our Job Listings and Classifieds are available online. Contact us to obtain a list of individuals seeking employment in the dental field.